This Catheterisation Training Course aims to familiarise delegates with the differences between male and female catheterisation, the reasons for catheterisation and to become accustomed to handling, inserting and changing catheters.
|Max attendee’s||Course Duration|
|10||Half a day|
Catheter Training Course Summary
- Definitions & methods of catheterisation
- Infection Control
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male/female anatomy
- Male & Female catheterisation procedure (theory & practical session)
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Record keeping
- Applied practical workstation & simulated practical assessment
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Competency framework & theory test
On completion delegates will be have an improved awareness of male and female catheterisation and will be able to confidently work around, handle and change both male and female catheters.
This course can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business.
Please note: Competency must be achieved within the workplace and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are assessed by a competent and experienced person.
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and if requested a QCF Unit Accreditation.
For further information please contact us: