Our course is tailored for all students and professionals from the care and medical sectors. Our candidates are usually interested in acquiring or wanting to improve phlebotomy and cannulation skills, such as: carers, health care assistants, nurses, doctors, laboratory technicians, other health care professionals from NHS or non-NHS and anyone who is interested in enrich their career in phlebotomy. The course is designed to meet the National Occupational Standard Obtaining Venous Blood Samples (HSC132).
To understand and adhere to the proper protocols, procedures, codes of practice relevant to phlebotomy and cannulation. Also, to become aware of policies for infection control, health and safety related to the task of phlebotomy and cannulation.
|Max attendee’s||Course Duration|
Phlebotomy/Venepuncture Training Course Summary
- Introductions to Phlebotomy/Venepunture
- Patient identification & consent
- Maintaining professionalism
- Standard universal precautions
- How to select a suitable site
- How to care post Phlebotomy/Venepuncture
- How to correctly label the specimen
- Handling of special specimens
- Common issues and trouble shooting
- Practical session
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved knowledge of venepuncture, the procedures, common issues, how to correctly handle and label samples, and how to correctly draw bloods.
This course can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business.
Please note: Competency must be achieved within the workplace and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are assessed by a competent and experienced person.
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and if requested a QCF Unit Accreditation.
For further information please contact us: