The key focus of the course is to raise awareness and educate the carer in order to drive up the quality and standard of care for those facing the end of their life.
|Max attendee’s||Course Duration|
|10||Half a day|
End Of Life Training Course Summary
- The Dimensions Of Care – required by those reaching the end of life as well as the importance of dignity, empathy and comfort are explored along with the importance of values, beliefs and communication in the delivery of care.
- Care Of The Person Facing Death – focuses on grief and how a grieving person needs to be supported. explore the physical and psychological care requirements of a dying person.
- Supporting Families and Carers – types of support required by families, those caring for dying relatives and those facing the end of life.
- Self-Care – exploration of the importance of health of and relaxation for care workers. Ways of reducing stress, enhancing personal well-being and using effective relaxation techniques.
- Explain the range of care types available to the person with life-limiting illness
- Explain the importance of dignity, empathy and comfort for the person reaching the end of life
- Identify the importance of values, beliefs and communication in the delivery of palliative care
- Explain the types, symptoms and stages of grief and the importance of support for those who are grieving
- Describe the physical care required by an individual in the last stages of life
- Describe the psychological, emotional and spiritual care required by an individual in the last stages of life
- Identify the support and development available to family members who provide care
- Explain the impact of bereavement on the family and the support required to aid recovery
- Explain the importance of self-care on combating personal stress and enhancing well-being
- Describe the importance of relaxation and humour in aiding well-being
This course can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business.
Please note: Competency must be achieved within the workplace and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are assessed by a competent and experienced person.
- All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and if requested a QCF Unit Accreditation.
For further information please contact us: